Maintenance Technician Job Description
- Repair or replace plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Communicate directly with production and Grains department to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Assist with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Assist with new installation and other projects, as requested by supervisor.
- Work with external contractors to plan and implement installation of new equipment or systems.
- Participate in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Know and understand county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and work in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Be available for overtime work on a schedule or call-in basis as required.
- Snow removal, bin cleaning and other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. On the job training available.
Ability to operate heavy equipment such as Gehl, lifts etc.
Ability to work at heights up to 150 ft.